Welcome from Pastor Bill-
I want to first welcome you to the Calvary Community Church of Riva, the Calvary Family. God’s Word, the Bible says to us in Colossians 1:16: “For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible – everything got started in Him and finds its purpose in Him.” He made you for a reason, for a specific purpose and that purpose is found in Him, Jesus Christ.
If you want to fulfill God’s purpose for your life you’ve got to do two things: First, you must understand the purposes for which God created you. And Second, you must then build your life around those purposes which God created you for.
So what did God create you for?
- The first reason the Bible says you were created was to enjoy a loving relationship with God.
- The second reason you were created was to experience authentic relationships with other Christians.
- The third reason God created you is to develop the character of Christ in you.
- The fourth reason God created you and put you on this planet is to express your God given abilities. To use your gifts and talents that He gave you
for His Glory.
- The fifth reason you were created is you were made to fulfill your mission on earth.Looking at these five reasons God created you for you may be thinking, well what do these five reasons have to do with the church … and my answer is EVERYTHING. Without the church, the local church, you cannot fulfill the purpose that God has created you for… and God designed it that way. The purpose and plan that God has for you can only be fulfilled by you being committed to a local body of believers, the church, which is the Body of Christ. In God’s word, the Bible, in Ephesians 2:19 it says, “You are a member of God’s very own family and you belong in God’s household with every other Christian.” I become a Christian by committing my life to Christ. I am called to be a participator and not a consumer by committing myself to other Christians by committing to a local church family. All through the Bible, God has chosen the local church to be the vehicle for Him to fulfill His purpose and plan here on earth. It’s called the church age.